Our Fritids will start at IES on Monday 9th August, 06:00. Information will be sent out to all F-5 students/parents very soon in order to plan for the Autumn term. Please check your email regularly and send any information you are requested to do so as quickly as possible. Thank you for reading this and if you have any questions please send an email or contact the school directly.
Here you find the term dates for the academic year 2021/22. Study Days (studiedagar) will be added shortly.
Autumn Term 2021
School Start Wednesday 18 August
Autumn Break (Höstlov) week 44
Christmas Break Friday 17 December
School Start Tuesday 11 January
Sports Break week 7
Easter week 15
Ascenssion Day (Kristi Himmelsfärdsdag) Thursday 26 May and Friday 27 May (Klämdag)
National Day Monday 6 June
End of Term Friday 17 June
The doors to IES Kungsbacka will open in August 2021. The school is located in central Kungsbacka and will have excellent facilities tailored for IES. In a few years, the school will have three classes for each year – from förskoleklass to year nine.
Are you curious what life is like at IES? Do take the time to do a digital tour in some of our other schools. Here you may find several films which we hope will provide you with insight of what we, our students and their parents consider to be important in creating a good school.
Here you will find the final Study Days and Term Dates for the academic year 2021 - 2022 at IES Kungsbacka
- August 9th - Fritids starts
- August 18th - School starts - Spring Term - Exact times to follow soon
- September 24th - School and Fritids closed
- October15th - School and Fritids closed
- Week 44 - Autumn Break - School closed Fritids open
- November 24th - School closed but Fritids open
- December 17th - Last Day of Term - Christmas Holiday starts - Exact times to follow
- Fritids open December 21st - 23rd and December 28th - 30th / January 3rd - 5th + 7th (closed 6th January)
- January 10th - School and Fritids closed
- January 11th - School starts - Spring Term
- Week 7 - Sports Holiday, School closed Fritids open
- 11th - 18th April - Easter Break - School closed but Fritids open (Fritids closed 15th + 18th April)
- 26th + 27th May - School closed and Fritids Closed only 26th May
- June 6th - School and Fritids closed
- June 17th - Last Day of Term - Exact times to follow soon
- June 24th Fritids closed
- Fritids open until week 28, 28 to 31 Summer Fritids with Kommun
There will be 2 more Study Days for teachers during the Spring Term, these will be announced later in the year.
Dear parents, guardians and students.
On 6 May, we will be holding a digital event for all new students from 6pm until 7:30pm. We strongly recommend that all who are able to attend take part.
You will be able to log into the event at: Webinar IESK
I, together with my team (Ms Ingelsten & Mr Bailey), look forward to giving a presentation explaining what to expect on a day-to-day basis, so that you are ready for a fantastic start at your new school. Among others we will address….amongst other things:
- School term dates, the building, organisation of the school and our 3 year plan for IES Kungsbacka
- Early years and our pedagogy - in-schooling and fritids
- Behaviour - safe calm environment - what to expect
- Expectations of the school regarding parental involvement
- Languages - native languages and modern languages - Swedish/Swedish as Second Language?
- Videos from other schools
- Our Teachers
If you have questions you will be able to ask them using the chat function.
I would really like to meet you in person, and I hope it will be possible to hold a physical event before autumn term starts.
I look forward to meeting you, at least digitally, soon.
Principal, Internationella Engelska Skolan Kungsbacka